Patron Services Manager
The Patron Services Manager is responsible for all aspects of ticket sales, customer service, operations and personnel management of the Box Office for BorderLight International Theatre Festival + Fringe.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the internal Festival ticketing system (Vendini).
- Oversees the smooth running of the three Festival Ticket Hubs.
- Recruits, hires, trains, schedules and supervises 3 Ticket Hub Managers and all Box Office staff.
- Point of contact to Playhouse Square Box Office; point of contact to Vendini for all ticketing issues.
- Creates processes to ensure smooth integration of both box office systems from patron perspective.
- Works closely with the logistics and production departments to plan and coordinate the installation of the Festival Box Office and ensure proper equipment, internet, and phone line set-up, etc. in all box office locations.
- Oversees the ordering, receipt, tracking and return of ticketing equipment through Vendini.
- Supports the Corporate Sponsorship and Development team to ensure ticket and pass deliverables for festival partners and members.
- Inputs Artist comps as needed into Vendini or conveys comp requests to Playhouse Square.
- Acts as customer service “face” of the Festival.
- Answers all phone calls and emails regarding patron ticket orders, complaints and concerns.
- Communicates information regarding parking, production start times, production run times, production locations, directions, and all other information requested by patrons.
- Knows and communicates all BorderLight ticketing policies to patrons, including refund policies, complimentary ticket policies, ticket exchange policies, cancellation policies and all other policies set forth by BorderLight.
- Maintains Vendini patron database.
- Completes all cash, check and credit card transactions, reconciling sales reports at the end of each day with cash and check deposit.
- Provides daily admissions and sales reports to appropriate departments.
- Assists with cash pickups and safe drops as needed at Box Office sites.
- Manages box office volunteers as needed.
- Receives and processes all donations completed through Vendini or given as cash/check at the Box Office.
- On call for House Managers in case of ticketing issues at a particular Fringe venue.
- Works with Administration, Board of Directors, Vendini and Playhouse Square on any updates and requested improvements to ticketing software functions specific for Festival needs.
- Provides vision and direction to improve Box Office systems going forward.
- At the conclusion of the Festival, works with bookkeeping to reconcile all income through the Box Office.
- Provides a detailed final report and archived files following the Festival, as requested by the Board Treasurer and Co-Directors.
• Two years of experience in Box Office Operations or Management.
• Previous experience using Box Office ticketing/sales platforms (knowledge of Vendini ticketing software a plus).
• Exceptional customer service skills and ability to train others.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
• Pleasant demeanor and ability to maintain integrity under pressure (when dealing with rush lines, sold out situations, VIP's, etc.).
• Familiarity with tech troubleshooting and computer networking preferred or able to learn fast.
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word and Excel, or previous database system familiarity.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to work independently and take initiative when needed.
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Terms: Temporary position; 8-week freelance contract from June 17 to August 5. Must be available 20-25 hours a week from June 17 – July 20, including evening and weekend work, with hours as needed from July 21-27 (Festival week). Some work can be done remotely. Salary: $2800.
How to apply: Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: HR) No phone calls please.
BorderLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.